The committee has met, the votes are tallied, and now a new leader (elder/deacon) has been decided upon. Were the decisions unanimous? Were there lingering wonder about their fit for the work? What are we required to do?
1. Pray – pray daily that the Lord will have his hand upon the man:
- Protection – from the attacks of the enemy
- Wisdom to make correct decisions
- Strength for the work
2. Encourage – when possible try to encourage them
3. Watch – watch as the leader steps up…. will they bring a humble heart, yielded to God, or will we see misuse of power? Watch and pray
In the crucible of position character will reflect the truth about the person… whether they a re established, rooted and grounded, and able to lead. Or not. We are obligated to pray for our leaders, asking God to reign over all, sovereign, holy and with all wisdom.
“Lord, we bring our leaders to you. May you always watch over and protect them. May you grant them your wisdom, your spirit of leading, and always a teachable spirit. May they lead well, with strength and power of your spirit, direction from your word. May you give deep insight into the building of your kingdom, and use these leaders for your glory. Amen”